Sunday, 13 July 2008

Learning from the masters

The word "apprentice" implies that there is a master or masters. This also applies to working online.

To learn from people who have professional experience and are able to give serious and responsible advice and tips I have tried to find the best in the field. For general money-making I have found Dosh Dosh to have comprehensive and wide-ranging advice, and I use it as a constant point of reference.

More specifically for blogging, I have ProBlogger and John Chow as points of reference. I subscribe to both of these sites as I think it's important, as in any other business, to keep up with stories and advice about what's happening in the world of blogging.

Aside from these 3, I'm trying to learn and pick up things just by looking at whatever I find in other blogs and social networks. I look to see how successful someone is and then just try and understand what they are doing and learn from that, whilst adapting it to my needs and situation. I'm not going to get into that in this post, but will go through stuff that I have learnt and found to be useful in later posts.

What I'm really trying to say here is that we need to find those who are experienced and successful and learn from them. That's one of the wonderful things about the internet - it's possible to find so much information and advice.

1 comment:

goofblogger said...

You hit the nail right on the head...try what works for others, but be willing to adapt based on your personal situation and style.

Good luck with your blog. Bye for now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails