Sunday, 18 October 2009

Kindle Blogs

Earlier this year, Amazon offered bloggers the chance to have their blogs published for
Kindle. I recently tried it out to see how it would go.

The way it works is that people who have the Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless, Latest Generation) can not only read books from Amazon, but also take out a monthly subscription to blogs of their choice to be read on Kindle. There is a 14-day free trial.

You, as publisher get 30% of the subscription, which Amazon determines - either $o.99 or $1.99 per month. If you live in the USA you can receive payment by electronic bank transfer or check, whereas if you live outside the US you only have the check option, with a $50 threshold and $8 fee per check. Unfortunately, they only have the dollar option at the moment - hopefully this will change so that they become like AdSense.

Anyway, despite these disadvantages I decided to give it a go - another potential income stream, after all, without having to do anything extra. I had a think, first of all, about which of my blogs people with Kindle would be more likely to want access to and I decided on my recipe blog and the Daily Joke blog. To be honest, I had more hopes for the latter and this has proved to be correct. I've had a few subscriptions for the Daily Joke blog in the first month, but none yet for the recipe blog.

To get an idea of what the Amazon page for the blogs looks like, you can check out my Daily Joke blog for Kindle here -
Read my blog on Kindle

And the Authentic Greek Recipes blog here -

Read my blog on Kindle


To check it out, just go to Kindle Publishing

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails